You are here
Apptio is made for
"Given the difficult choices that have to be made about the services state government provides, it is vital we do our best to ensure efficient and effective spending in all areas, including IT. For Washington State, TBM provides business leaders and elected officials with solid data, in a language they understand, to help them make tough choices in a budget environment that becomes tougher every year."
TBM Program Manager, Office of the CIO, State of Washington
One-off models don't
stand up to audit
on ad-hoc analysis
misaligned with mission
Bad, stale, missing,
Pressure to do
more with less
Get started with TBM—cost pools, towers, and benchmarking
- Conform to budget reporting and categorization requirements from Federal (OMB) and public sector authorities.
- Automate mapping and alignment to Federal Government TBM Taxonomy where required.
- Track burndown and key variances between Budget/Commitments, Commitments/Obligations, and (optionally) Obligations/Expenses.
- Analyze and identify spend and remaining budget and spend in the context of IT Towers and Cost Pools.
Budget formulation and submission—adhering to standard TBM towers
- Build OMB- and public sector-compliant budgets, using required TBM Taxonomy categories (e.g Cost Pools and IT Towers).
- Gain overarching visibility in a centralized solution, while enabling budget contributors to build their own portions of the budget.
- Capture all additional desired budget categories for each proposed budget request.
- Centrally manage the formulation process with embedded workflow.