build & run budgets
You are here
Apptio facilitates DevOps & Agile.
“The industry is changing at a tremendous pace and we’re meeting those demands through acquisition and really creative engineering solutions. That requires a significant investment in technology. Apptio and our TBM discipline helps us manage investment and shape demand consistent with our long-range plans.”
Legacy financial systems hinder DevOps and Agile
High performing DevOps teams create competitive advantage by delivering better, faster products, strengthening brand value, and driving revenue growth. But legacy approaches to governing portfolio value and planning project investments fall short, leaving IT leaders like you struggling to keep pace:
Budget surprises from
Business consumes apps
like they're free
With Apptio, maximize the business value of DevOps & Agile
- Connect "build" and "run" costs in a single system for IT financials.
- Plan multi-year project costs against IT budgets and resources.
- Forecast impact of project changes on shared resources and burn-rate.
- Develop demand-driven budgets and avoid service cost overruns.
- Manage to a cost recovery P&L to drive ownership and accountability.
- Forecast service chargebacks to avoid surprises for the business.
- Auto-map AWS & Azure billing to standard IT service categories.
- Parse tags to allocate costs to app and business units driving usage.
- Identify savings from underutilized or inefficiently deployed resources.
Benefits for DevOps & Agile stakeholders
Infrastructure & Operations
Share cost accountability across infrastructure, operations, and development. Drive service level improvements by quantifying support costs by application, service, and business unit.
Office of the CIO
Better align application, service, and business capability investments to business outcomes. Factor both build phase and run phase costs into into project budgets and approvals.
Maintain accurate cost controls while integrating development and operations. Improve budget agility to facilitate rapid experimentation by agile teams, aligned to products and BUs.