- Compare actual IT costs to benchmarks side-by-side on demand.
- Explore variance drivers with instant access to underlying actuals.
- Set targets and track progress with trending comparisons.
You are here
Affirm spend, substantiate decisions, and identify areas for improvement through peer comparisons.
Validate spending levels
with a trending view of actuals vs. self-selected peer benchmarks.
Show efficiency, justify budget
using relevant, credible benchmark data as objective reference points.
by identifying areas of risk, setting targets and monitoring progress.
Before we can decide where to take out costs or make an investment, it's vital that we justify the decision based on accurate cost, consumption, and performance benchmarks. Sharing IT benchmarks with our business partners establishes trust that we're going to help them make the best investment decision.
CIO, EVP Technology and Operations, KeyBank
- Choose and adjust the peer group that fits your organization.
- Select by industry, revenue, and geography and discover the effects of scale.
- Compare against companies of similar spend characteristics.
- Access the full benchmark data set and understand how each metric is calculated.
- Know where you stand versus the best and worst in class with box plot distributions for each data point.
- Conduct alternate scenario analysis with flexibility to adjust peer benchmarks and estimate actuals.
Apptio IT Benchmarking is made for you
Office of the CIO
Demonstrate alignment and value of IT investments to business goals.
Justify IT spend and demonstrate efficiency based on peer benchmarks.
Support scenario planning by comparing options against relevant peers.
Infrastructure & Operations
Identify areas of inefficient spend by comparing unit costs against peer benchmarks.
Optimize IT costs by setting benchmark-informed unit cost targets.
Compare progress toward unit cost targets with monthly refreshes of actual costs
Validate IT costs based on spending characteristics.
Evaluate annualized actual IT costs side-by-side with benchmarks.
Avoid the disruption and churn of traditional consultant-delivered benchmarks.